YAY!! I finally decided to make a blog! I am so happy that I did this. I am hoping this will be a great way for my family to know what is going on in my life, random thoughts that I have, as well as great memories! As you all know I LOVE to talk so this should come fairly easy to me :) I realize I could write on facebook or just email you all but I have decided that I love the cute little page that blogs allow you to create and I am not giving this blog to many people so I can actually post more on here than I would on my facebook.
Let's see I think the thought I will share tonight with you all is the one I had about light bulbs last night. Yes, I know, who has random thoughts about light bulbs? I'm not sure if anyone does but I did. I was laying on the bed yesterday and when I looked up I could see straight through the light bulb. Like I was staring at the top of it and could see all the way through to where the middle screws into the light fixture thingy. For some reason the light bulb that I was looking at started to look like an eye. That got me to thinking if I can see the bottom of this light bulb through its "eye" I wonder if people can look in my eye and see straight through me. If people can see straight through me what are they seeing? Are they seeing a Godly woman? a fake person? Then I started to think about God and how He really can see straight through me. He can see my faults, weaknesses, strengths, loves, hates, thoughts, dreams, goals, fears, etc. I wonder what He focuses on most? I wonder if my hates out weigh my loves, if my fears out weigh my faith, if my failures out weigh my tries. I know that I will never be perfect and I am not trying to say that I should be but I do think I have lots to work on. I want to love more than I hate, to have more faith than fear, to keep on trying instead of giving up! All of which are possible with God! And to think all of that came from me staring at a light bulb...it's crazy the things God uses to bring something to your attention :) Anyway that's my thought for tonight.
3 comments:
I love it! :)
Thanks!
Matthew says that the light of the body is the eye. Fantastic analogy, Kelli!
Matthew 6 (22) The eye is the lamp of the body; so then if your eye is clear, your whole body will be full of light. (23) But if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light that is in you is darkness, how great is the darkness! (24) No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and wealth.
Post a Comment