Have you ever heard the Eminem song "Not Afraid?" Have you ever thought about it in a religious sense?
I'm not afraid to take a stand
Everybody come take my hand
We'll walk this road together, through the storm
Whatever weather, cold or warm
Just lettin you know that, you're not alone
Holla if you feel that you've been down the same road
Taking a stand for Christ can be a very hard thing to do no matter what age you are. It would be very helpful to have some to take your hand and help you through all the different rough parts of life. Through losing your favorite toy, the break up of your first love, a broken friendship, and the loss of a loved one; all these things are moments when you need the helping hand to lift you keep and to keep you going strong.
Thinking this made me realize what people in my life I could count on to keep me going strong through any trial life will bring my way. I have a husband that would hold me up or carry me if he had to, I have an amazing family that will always support me, I am lucky enough to still have my life-long best friend and now her little family that I know will always be there for me, I have a church family (2 actually) that I know would be there for me. Then I got to thinking I actually have something way more than that. I have a God who is ALWAYS there for me EVERY second of EVERY day. He NEVER leaves me!! He knows when I am in pain before I even realize it. He always knows exactly how I feel and how much pain I am in even when I can't explain it to anyone.
Sometimes now when I hear this song I remember I not only have my husband, family, church, and friends, I have my GOD who is my biggest strength of all. All I need is him.
I'm not afraid to take a stand. I'm ready to take His hand and walk this road together through the storm whatever weather cold or warm. I'm not alone! I wish I could say those words and pretend that is me but I am not at that point. I am still afraid sometimes. I want to be and am daily striving for that and some days I do pretty well and then others I fail but I do get back up and that's what counts. It doesn't matter how much we fall or how hard we fall it just matters that we keep striving! God knows we aren't perfect and I don't think He expects us to be, I think He just wants us to love him and to try our hardest.
1 comment:
Kelli!!!
I was just hearing this song yesterday and thinking THE SAME THING!
Love you,Sis!
Post a Comment